What Types of Roofing Materials Does Spectrum One Offer?
As a premiere contractor in the Sacramento region, Spectrum One can repair and install any type of roofing material you choose. Popular choices include:
- Asphalt Shingle – This is the most common roofing material used not just in Sacramento, but throughout the US as well. This is because asphalt shingles, which are composed of a mixture of fiberglass, asphalt, and sand-like granules, are fairly inexpensive, can be installed quickly, and come in a variety of shapes and colors to complement a variety of architectural styles.
- Tile Roofing – Unlike asphalt shingles, tile roofs can be made using a range of materials, including tile, cement, slate, and even rubber, each of which carries its own unique properties.
- Metal Shingles/Paneling – Metal roofing materials are perhaps among the most durable roofing type, and can be installed easily. Common metal roofing materials include copper, steel, aluminum, and more.
Which Type of Roofing is Best for My Sacramento Home?
In most instances, choosing a roof type is a highly subjective experience, and will also depend heavily on the architectural style of your Sacramento home. In other words, if your home is more of a Spanish style, then tile roofing is likely the best way to go. On the other hand, asphalt shingle roofing is less expensive and more readily available.
The good news is that Spectrum One can help you decide the best roofing materials during your free, no-obligation consultation.
What Happens During Roof Installation?
On installation day, your Spectrum One contractors will arrive onsite first thing in the morning, usually as early as local ordinances allow. We’ll begin by prepping the area and putting materials where they need to go.
Then, we’ll begin removing your existing roofing materials, which will generally take only about an hour for an average-sized Sacramento home. Next, installation will begin, which typically involves laying down roofing felt, and installing the roofing material on top. Afterward, our professional team of roofers will install pipe collars, skylight and chimney flashing, and ridge vent installation, followed by cleanup and inspection.
In most instances, your new roof can be installed in just one day. Of course, the size of your home, the roofing material you’ve chosen, and any problems we encounter during the process (e.g. water leakage, inadequate venting, etc.) can impact the overall timetable.
Things to Consider Before Having Your Roof Installed
In addition to aesthetics and performance, another important factor that goes into choosing a roof is budget. In most cases, the more you spend on your roof material the longer it will last and the better warranty it will come with, although each roofing type has its own unique strengths and weaknesses. These include:
- Asphalt Shingle – One of the least expensive roofing materials commonly available, asphalt shingles can fit a wide variety of architectural styles, and is easy to install. However, asphalt shingle roofs require periodic maintenance and can lead to severe water problems if installed improperly.
- Tile – Tile roofs can last a lifetime (literally) if installed properly, and can add a level of elegance that can’t be achieved with other materials. However, the underlayment will need to be replaced about every 20 years, which means that all the tiles will need to be pulled up and re-laid, and the high price can’t be ignored. Also, tile roofs are significantly heavier than other roofing material, which means that a structural engineer may be needed to properly reinforce your roof beforehand.
- Metal – Like tile, metal roofs are considered lifetime options, and can be installed quickly since each section spans a broad area. However, they can be as expensive as some types of tile roofs, and are susceptible to denting from hail. Metal roofs are also fairly loud when it rains, so it’s important to have adequate soundproofing to minimize this impact.
Can Spectrum One Perform Roofing Repairs?
Of course! Regardless of the type of roof your Sacramento home currently has, Spectrum One has more than two decades of experience repairing them. Simply give us a call to schedule your consultation, and we’ll be onsite shortly to provide you with an estimate.
Does Roof Installation Take a Long Time?
As with most residential construction projects, the length of time it will take to install your new roof depends primarily on the size of your Sacramento home and the roofing type you’ve chosen.
With this said, in many instances asphalt shingle and metal roofing can be installed in as little as 1-2 days, while tile roofing typically takes longer.
During your free consultation, Spectrum One will be sure to let you know your expected timeframe.
Get a Free Consultation →
Will I Have to Take Out a New Mortgage to Install a New Roof?
While roofing projects are admittedly one of the more expensive home requirements, Spectrum One can formulate a plan around your budget and specific needs.
With this said, based on a 2,000 square foot roof, installation typically ranges between:
• Asphalt Shingle: $6 to $8 per square foot.
• Tile: $10 to $15 per square foot.
• Metal: $8 to $12 per square foot.
Should You Trust Spectrum One to Install or Repair Your Sacramento Roofing?
Spectrum One has installed and repaired countless roofs in and around the Sacramento area, so we have the experience and know-how to handle your roofing needs with the greatest of ease. We’re also proud to be widely known for our intense focus on customer satisfaction, and for making sure you’re pleased before we call it a day.
To find out for yourself how wonderful your next roofing experience can be, call the professionals at Spectrum One today at 916-571-2830 to schedule your consultation.